Sunday, October 25, 2009

Showers ARE NOT FUN

My mom does not like the process of taking a shower, mainly because she is afraid she is going to fall and she's blind so she can't see well around her. I did add a non slip mat. I'm not sure it helped because it buckled a bit under her weight. She will have safety bars installed early next week. I wish she would sit down and I'm going to get her a chair for sitting just in case I can encourage her to change from standing to sitting. I also will try to shift from her being completely independant in the shower to me helping her get all the creases and things for her skin to be more healthy. She cried with fear getting in and needed lots of encouragement with what to do. She gets around just fine, but her fear of falling makes her really unsure. I'm also going to get a hand held shower attachment. Good thing is, she took one and she won't need another one for 2-3 days.

No comments:

Post a Comment